Receive personal fitting advice at our Windermere store
You can now book a free fitting online!
How many times have we all bought a bra without taking the time to be correctly fitted only to find out later the bra doesn't fit properly? An all too common sight on the high street is women jumping out of their bras, giving the double boob effect or showing a noticeable back strap riding up.
80% of women in the UK are wearing the wrong size bra
The biggest mistake women make is wearing a much larger size than required on their back strap, which then offers no support and doesn't flatter your silhouette. This can be quiet uncomfortable if your bust is ample.
It's tempting to wear the wrong size bra if you've seen a really nice bra that doesn't come in your true size, but stop and reconsider at this point - wearing the correct size bra has far more benefits that wearing the wrong one!
"I spent years searching for bras that fitted me as l'm not an 'off-the-peg' size, so l can talk with confidence on this subject. Just by getting correctly fitted you may feel taller, slimmer, more curvaceous and have more confidence in yourself. People close to you will notice the difference and there's nothing nicer than an unexpected compliment."
For guidance or to arrange a fitting give us a call. We always prefer to personally advise about fitting, but if you follow these few easy steps (no cheating!) you could find your new size and shape:
The difference between your band size and your bust size will determine your cup size:
Back too big
- If the back of the bra rides up the bra size is too big
Cup too small
- Flesh bulging above the neck or underarm edges means the cup is too small
Cup too big
- Any wrinkling in the cup fabric indicates the cup size is too big
A Guide to Buying Lingerie - For Men
We have even put together a guide for Men who are looking to spoil that someone special!
1. Try not to get anything too lacy. A little lace is fine but not too much.
2. Bright reds are out. There are so many other colours & patterns to choose from.
3. If buying a bra spend the extra money for matching knickers. Your partner will love this.
4. Find out what styles of knickers she likes the best.
5. Very important. Get the right size. Go routing though your partner's underwear draw, find her favourite bra & knickers and note the size.
6. Keep it simple. If in doubt about the 3 foot long tassels then don't buy it. Stick to traditional styles and an elegant & seductive look.
Need more advice?
Contact us and we'll be pleased to help. Shirley C Lingerie specialises in plus size lingerie, just look at our selection >>